At 2110 we pride ourselves from the amount of opportunity we can offer you. A great variation of activities from flying to first aid, we have something for everyone here at 2110!
Listed below is just a small proportion of what we can offer you:
our Squadron can lead too many exciting opportunities. Flying the aircraft that the RAF officially use to train pilots, the grob tutor is one such opportunity. This gives you the chance to do something new and different but also can gain you some badges to put onto your uniform. Many cadets enjoy this wholesome activity as it provides a brilliant insight into RAF careers.
Our squadron can offer you opportunities of many outgoing activities such as:
- Rock climbing
- White water rafting
- Mountain biking
And many more… this is only to list a few. Often these sorts of activities take place at camps, such as the Scotland Adventure Training Camp. these push you to get out of your comfort zone, do something inspiring and gain a sense of achievement.
Throughout your time at the 2110 Squadron, you will learn how to do drill and pick up many skills that can be used to represent the Squadron through doing so.
Drill is an important military skill that installs discipline, teamwork and pride in your unit. It will be an essential skill that you can embrace at our Squadron and can take to many places.
CAMPS AND VISITS
Within the Squadron, we can allow you access to exciting opportunities to go abroad, or visit RAF bases within the UK, access to exciting new places and the chance to meet new people!
- Learn new skills of target shooting under the guidance of qualified staff.
- Gain your marksman badge and compete against other Squadrons.
Throughout your time at cadets, it is clear that sport is a competitive field, but also time for team building, meeting other people and having a brilliant day out.
Below is a list of only a few of the sports we partake in annually:
- Cross-country running
- Gain your Bronze, Silver or Gold Award by undertaking the following elements;
- Volunteering; this could be completed by gaining a qualification such as life saving.
- Skill; this area could be completed through flying.
- Physical; the range of sports within the air cadet organisation means plenty of choice.
Explore different places and pick up excellent, life changing skills that could have further benefits in the future.
LEADERSHIP AND FIELD EXERCISES
Learn new ways of leading and how to successfully function within a team. These skills can be applied to real life situations, such as within job interviews and competitions within cadets. As well as this gaining your blue to gold badge in Leadership is a brilliant edition to the CV.
- Heart start qualification – learn how to give CPR and the basic principles of the steps to go through to save someone’s life.
- Progress onto Youth First Aid, Activity First Aid, and First Aid Instructor.
- Practical experience is supported with theoretical knowledge in a wide range of aviation subjects, working towards your cadet classifications.
- BTEC Award in Teamwork and Personal Development in the Community
(equivalent to 4 GCSEs)
- BTEC Award in Aviation Studies
(equivalent to 2 GSCEs)
- BTEC Award in Performing Arts